Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Are you a think-on-your-feet, driven IT professional who thrives on challenge? Are you a problem solver? Do you drink unreasonable amounts of coffee? If you answered yes to two or more of those questions, Fyin.com might just be the right place for you.
We take the old "work hard, play hard" adage to heart. When it comes to challenging projects, our default is to say, "yes, absolutely." Once that challenging project has successfully taken flight, you might find us hitting the Foosball table for a quick game or finding a little time to visit the ski cabin in Winter Park. We've even been known to embark on a mountain biking adventure.
If you're passionate, hard-working, and driven to succeed, we invite you to join our team!
Current Open Positions:
Location: Denver, CO
Seeking an experienced full stack .NET Web Developer to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides growth and learning opportunities. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional who enjoys being challenged by new technologies and working with an energetic team of developers.
Under general supervision, with broad scope for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, this developer is responsible for the system analysis, technical design, development, testing, enhancement, and maintenance of various applications that support Fyin.com's business functions. The selected candidate will be required to perform tasks related to the development of software applications, Umbraco CMS and data transformation activities for the Agency.
- Responsible for full software development life cycle, including user interface design, database development, back-end architecture, deployment and maintenance of the defined solution based on business and functional requirements
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver secure, robust, transactional and service oriented architectures.
- Understand Fyin.com's strategic initiatives and develop technology solutions that deliver the required business value
- Understand complex business processes/applications with intent to re-write/enhance using current tools/technology.
- Provide supporting documentation for all phases of development/implementation.
- Develop technical specifications, including data flow diagrams
- Maintain data security and internal controls of environment to adequately protect Agency assets and records
- Work directly with Fyin.com's client partners as needed
- Strong demonstrable experience in systems architecture and N-tier application development using Microsoft’s web technology stack (ASP.NET MVC, C#, IIS 8, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, Web API)
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Ability to build/create/maintain application databases utilizing MS SQL Server
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, recognize and react to changing business needs and effectively prioritize tasks
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and business units. Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects are necessary, as well as the ability to rapidly acquire new domain familiarity.
- Ability to meet deadlines, identify issues and resolve with minimal direction
- Ability to analyze, document and validate software requirements
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle Methodology (SDLC) and Agile development methodologies
- Experience reverse engineering legacy monolithic client-server applications and reengineering and rewriting in segments in a loosely coupled service oriented architecture
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
Preferred skills and experience:
- 4+ years of development experience.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC 4/5
- 3 - 4 years of experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, IIS.
- 1 - 2 years of experience with Umbraco CMS
- 4 + years of experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Tables, Stored Procedures, Views.
- 2+ years of Entity Framework (EF) experience.
- 2+ years of Web Services/WCF/Web API experience.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in designing rich dynamic web applications using HTML5 features along with Responsive Design using CSS3